August 24, 2013
August 24, 2013 in northern Italy, at the airport Voghera will be held a big celebration for all lovers of aviation and rotorcraft technology.
Competitions on helicopter sports OIHG2013 gather strongest drivers from Italy, Europe and Russia. Competitions will be held in three disciplines:
1. Parallel slalom
2. Parallel flight for accuracy
3. Parallel conveying goods
Helicopters appear in pairs, and the audience will be able to see clearly who won and who lost. The unique competition format was developed in the 2007 and was by far the most spectacular in the world helicopter sport.
The guests of the show will appreciate demonstration flights and presentation of the most interesting examples of rotorcraft technology:
1. The legendary MI-8 helicopter from the "Russian Helicopters". This helicopter is the most popular twin-engined helicopter in the world, and is also included in the list of the most popular helicopters in the history of aviation. Guests of the Open Italian Helicopter Games will carefully examine the helicopter on all sides, to sit in the pilot’s seat, as well as enjoy a demonstration flight of the giant.
2. The Italian air acrobats performance.
3. Flights of unique flying machines - autogyros. This type of aircraft is attracting more and more attention of professionals and aviation enthusiasts.
4. Demonstration performances of female aerobatic team "Hummingbird." These girls are the best helicopters pilots. Three crews led by multiple world champion in helicopter freestyle Garry Georkov will show the graceful dance of the three Robinson R44 helicopters.
Despite the extensive entertainment program of the event, the main intrigue is who will be the best helicopter pilot of OIHG2013? The prize fund of the competition is 10000euro!
Organizer of the event: Marshall Aviation Academy
Chief Judge: Alan Norris
General sponsor: the "Russian Helicopters"